Here at Cheale Meats we love all the seasons and Winter is an exciting one! It means we do things a little differently – the sun goes down earlier and the nights draw in. That also means heartier, winter recipes! Of course, being pork producers, we love pork and have put together a Winter recipe series! Our first is Pork Chop with Mash – an absolute classic dish that is perfect for a cold, wintery night!
To serve 4:
4 x pork chops
6 x large potatoes
1 tsp x sweet paprika
1 tsp x thyme
50g x mature cheddar cheese
1tbsp x double cream
- Chop potatoes and add to a pan of boiling water. Add a dash of salt to the water.
- Rub paprika, thyme and seasoning to the pork chops.
- Drizzle with olive oil and grill for 6-10 minutes, turning until golden brown.
- Drain potatoes and put back in the pan. Mash potatoes with the cream and add cheese. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve the pork and mash with your favourite veggie – we love cabbage or garlic peas or even a spinach salad!
- Gravy or sauce is optional!