Here at Cheale Meats we love Summer! The days are longer, the sun is (sometimes!) shining and the fields are green! There is nothing better in Summer than a picnic or barbecue in the sun with friends and family. Have a look at some great food ideas for picnics and barbeques this summer:
Shredded pork salad:
- Slow roast shoulder of pork the night before, shred and add your favourite BBQ marinade and refrigerate
- Just before you want to eat, take out and add to rocket, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, spring onions and feta cheese
- Mix together lettuce, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt & pepper
- Store in a mason jar to take to a picnic
- Serve with freshly cut bread
- Take your favourite wraps and make them in advance
- We love shredded pork, hummus & cheese or ham, rocket & tomato
- Wrap in foil for easy transport!
Pork sausage & halloumi kebabs:
- Cook your favourite pork sausages
- Dice halloumi into even chunks and cook
- Once cooked, slice pork and halloumi into bite size chunks
- Put onto skewers with red pepper and your favourite vegetables
- Serve cold or hot!
We hope you find these ideas inspiring and please let us know what your favourite picnic foods are!