Pork is a really versatile meat and can be used in so many ways! Pork mince is hugely popular as it tastes delicious and can be used in so many ways!
One favourite way of using pork mince is stir-fried in a wrap. However, a great alternative is lettuce! It is not only super healthy, adds a lovely crunchiness and is good for those that are gluten intolerant or watching their carbohydrate – ideal for perhaps a paleo diet.
To serve 4 you will need:
500g quality pork mince
1 x chopped large onion
1 x crushed glove of garlic
salt/pepper to taste
2 x teaspoons of paprika
2 x teaspoons of chilli powder
drizzle of honey
Handful of grated cheese
1 large cos lettuce
Finely chopped coriander to garnish
Optional: Sesame seeds/ lime/ spring onion
- Fry the onion, garlic and mince and salt/pepper until almost cooked
- Add the paprika and chilli powder and fry until brown
- Turn down the hob and drizzle a little honey whilst cooking and stir
- Wash your cos lettuce and pull apart each leaf – this will act as a wrap for the mince!
- Add a large spoon of mince to each wrap, sprinkle on some cheese and coriander
- We love adding a sprinkling of sesame seeds and a drizzle of fresh lime juice
- Serve with salsa and rice or tortilla chips!