This is an absolutely classic meal and one that the whole family always loves! It is easy to make and can be adapted depending on what you have in the cupboard that day.
To serve 4:
- 8 x quality pork sausages
- 1 x red pepper (you can add other veggies including carrot, courgette or peas etc)
- 1 x onion
- 1 x crushed garlic clove
- 2 x tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 x tin of tomatoes
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 x green chilli (optional)
- some fresh basil and Parmesan cheese to garnish
Firstly chop the onion and pepper and lightly fry in the olive oil. Chop the sausages into bite sized chunks. We find an easy way to do this is over the pan with a pair of meat scissors (this also saves on washing up a separate chopping board!). Gently fry and once the sausages are browning, add the tomato puree and fry a little longer. Then add the tin of tomatoes and turn up the heat a little. Add half a tin of warm water as well.
Leave to reduce and boil your spaghetti in salted water. Once ready, drain and serve with fresh basil and a generous helping of the delicious sausage sauce!